First I had to wash the shirts, with no fabric softener. I pulled them out of the washing machine and, leaving them wet, we put rubber bands on them...
|One for Sammy, one for Toby, and one for Mommy!|
|Sammy got a kick out of the plastic gloves!|
|Sammy applying the orange dye up to the rubber band|
|Finishing off the dye|
|I set them on a foil lined cookie sheet, with a piece of plastic wrap over them, for 8 hours or so.|
Here are our 3 shirts all done! Toby won't fit into his until at least next year, as the smallest shirt Michael's had was still too big for him. But, I think I like his the best, with the spider web!